Sorry for the lack of recent posts! My job has been hectic, the SASP season has started, and I’ve been prioritizing reloading and shooting over posting. I have like half a dozen articles “almost ready” for posting that really just need pictures.
A few interesting developments to chew on:
- Nailed my first division win in a match, and also beat every other pistol shooter. Yeah, it was an outlaw match, but it still counts if you beat 60 other people in the pistol divisions. 🙂
- I swapped the optics my Sig MPXs to Holosun HE510C-GRs (from C-More Railways). I think the C-More Railway provides a slightly better sight picture, but the HE510-GR does literally every other thing better, including (crucially) battery life.
- I sold all of my 5.45×39 stuff. AK-74-alike, upper, ammo, and so on. No point when I can load 223 limitlessly on my current setup.
- I sold my Ruger Precision Rifle. Took up too much safe space for a gun I shoot like once a year at most. If I want to shoot precision in the future, I’ll use a 20″ 308 upper.
- I bought a few new guns with the proceeds of the above:
- IWI Galil ACE Gen2 5.56 rifle (because you can’t sell an AK without buying an AK!)
- BUL Armory TAC SC (milled for a DPP – gonna use this for falling steel and 3gun open)
- Ruger MkIV 22/45 Lite (for SASP)
- MkIII LLV upper (for SASP… it was cheap)
- Outfitted my backup 3gun rifle with a Razor Gen2E.